Tuesday 1 December 2009

ExperimentalAnimation

''Experimental Animation Evaluation''

For the experimental project we had to listen to 4 pieces of sound : -

1. '' Black_Angels-2 '' - was a very high pitched freaky sound with some german vocals
2. '' Lorraine-A '' - This was a melow jazz piece
3. '' Mally-A '' - Violin very classical relaxing piece
4. '' Ruta Daita '' - This had a nice drum beat and sounded very tribal

After listening to all these I was temptin to go for the violin piece of music as I do like classical but I thought I could do more with the '' Ruta Daita '' piece as it had a nice beat to it.

For this experimental project we were shown some videos from the 50's by these two men of which names I cannot remember as I have lost my notes from the lectures and painting of cells and scatching them etc to create a differeent image. We were show '' Binky & Boo '' which is a cut out animation which I really liked the style of how it was done and I also found it pretty funny.


The main objective for this project was how sound works with image , we had to choose one method for our animation in which I choose to do cut out. Before I started to animate I had to break down the sound so I could match sound with image , for this I used '' Adobe Soundbooth '' the sound piece is 38 seconds long and I think it took me around 6 hours to break it all down in the end.


Rough Dope Sheets.


This project is really irritating me i've made two 20 second cut out projects so far , both of which I think are absoloute rubbish. One of them was in the test stage and the other is still test but not as rough. I cant seem to think of anything that I'm happy with at the moment.

The first one was foot prints going in time with the drum beats , then grass pulling back to reveal two antelope drinking water followed by a panther behind grass which eventually runs out to attack and kill one .. . sounds like a good idea but it didn't work to well I might re-start again and see what happens.


This is a rough layout from my very first idea.

The second one I kept the foot prints from the first but had flowers stems growing then buds then petals falling off is where I have got to so far. Another idea I had was tribes people mayan's , native's hunting down animal's then having a camp fire but after seeing another person had done this I opted agasint it.

Right I realised i've deleted one of them because it was that bad but here is the other one I started.


Italic

One of the first one's I started.

When I finally got my final idea in the works time was short and I had used alot of it managing other projects and personal issues , I liked the footprints at the start of the animation when I looked at it so as the music is very tribal I thought why not have a panther running through the jungle/desert etc , I cut out different bits of grass,hills and plants.

For the panther running I cut out four different shapes and put it into Adobe Flash and had the run cycle on a loop so I put it on a layer above the backgrounds I was cutting out. The backgrounds I cut out were different times of day , at the end of the animation the panther runs into shot and and sits up then the the letters '' RUTA DAITA '' appear in different colours aswell as my name.

When watching it back i'm still not entierly happy and watching it back there is so much more I could have done if i organised my time better and had a more clearer idea from the start instead of wasting time by doing others, for instance when the panther is running through the backgrounds there could be alot going on there within the sky and other animals aswell.




My final Animation


These are the three promotional images I wish to use: -






No comments:

Post a Comment